Our client is an experienced partner for the delivery of offshore wind farm projects in cable installation services. With his multidiscipline organization this company provides their clients in the offshore Renewables sector.
As the Sales Engineer you are responsible for providing the technical input into the Commercial/Tender process, with a focus on managing client expectations and providing technical compliance.
What are you going to do
- Guidance/support/review for the following aspects in the technical support of tendering activity:
- Preparation of technical solution method statement(s) incl. selection of suitable assets with the support of technical department
- Taking responsibility for preparation of schedules via Planning section
- Preparation of technical qualifications/deviations and clarifications
- Completion of engineering calculations (where appropriate/suitable)
- Preparation of responses to technical clarifications following tender submittal
- Prepare all relevant technical documents relevant for handover of projects that have been won to the Operations Department
- Coordinate with the procurement department for the creation of technical requests for sub-contracted work and assisting the procurement department in analyzing offers from sub-contractors
- Warrant that the engineering procedures/plans comply with contractual- industry- and local requirements
- Preparing scopes for subcontracts and review and evaluate subcontracts
- Identify and arrange project equipment/materials requirements
- Develop plans and procedures to improve existing engineering processes, procedures and working methods
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to ensure the most competitive offer and the most efficient and safe method of execution
- Supporting other persons from time to time as required by Tender Manager
What do we ask of you?
- BSc/MSc degree in Offshore, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- 0 – 5 years relevant experience in the marine/offshore sector
- Excellent oral and written communicative skills in the English language, preferably also German language
- Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations for offshore industry
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in engineering and design using CAD software
- Pro-active and costumer orientated
- Team player (Helping, listening and supporting colleagues)
- Efficient communicator and hands-on
- Structured way of working
Interested? and is your place of residence in the northern of Germany of te northern of The Netherlands? Please contact our Consultant André Drenth 06-51007184 / email@example.com.